-->

Wednesday 14 August 2013

The 'R' Word!

I wanted to take the time to post about something that alot of people will be experiencing tomorrow, and that is A-Level results day. It's such a scary time because we find out if we're going to the university we want to go to. I'm extremely nervous at the moment and I'm sure everyone who is in the same position as me is too!! Probably at least a hundred times this week I've been thinking 'oh I really screwed my exams up' or 'I'm going to get rejected and go into full time work'... just generally bad thoughts.

I think that it's important that we all stay as calm as possible, even though I know some of us will probably be up till really late refreshing the UCAS page!! It's best to do something tonight that will take your mind off tomorrow, for example, I'm going to spend the night watching True Blood and Pretty Little Liars (I've been loving those series) and just have a chill out! Not going to lie though, I probably won't be having an early night, I'm one of those people where if I know something (such as a results day) is happening the day after I'll be constantly on edge just waiting - which is bad, I know! But it's something that the majority of us do!

Just remember that if the worst happens, it's not the end of the world and certainly doesn't mean that you should give up on the university that you originally wanted to go to, it just means you might have to work a little bit harder to get the results you need and then re-apply again at the end of this year. It'll all be worth it in the end.

Anyway, I hope I haven't depressed you all and made you think about tomorrow more! I just wanted to make a quick post to show that we're all in this together and everyone is feeling just a bad as each other right now (sucks, I know!). So best of luck to anyone who is receiving results tomorrow, whether it be AS Level or A Level!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your results Emily! I have results coming out on the 22nd as well :/ x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! You will be fine no matter what, mine didn't quite go according to plan so I took a year out and now have just finished my first year of uni, so it does all work out in the end! Love your blog by the way, new follower here :)
    Carrie:Brighton xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I hope you get the results you want! I was in this position last year and remember spending the evening watching Pretty Little Liars too haha!

    All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your resukts lovely, I~m sure you~ve done better than you~re expecting!
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete